Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions below to view the answer.
- Do your products have allergy sensitive ingredients?
- Sensitivities vary, therefore we provide coded formulation tags beneath each product on our website page. You can also reference the following by clicking on the links below:
Nut Allergies >
Corn Allergies >
Coconut Allergies >
- I am a Vegan. Can I use your products?
Yes, our products are vegan. Look for this tag on product page: However, we do have a few products that some may consider non-vegan since they contain beeswax or honey which include:
- Are your products gluten free?
- Yes, click on this link for list of gluten free products or look for this tag on product page.
- Is Kiss My Face sun screen reef safe?
- The world's reefs' biggest problem is global warming. Our CEO is a scuba diver and he is kinda passionate about that point. But, since he gets asked questions about reef safe sun screen, his longer answer is here (which essentially says we make a full-line of mineral sunscreens, which is the sun screen that generally carries the "reef safe" communication).
- Do you test on animals?
- No, we have been making cruelty-free kisses for over 35 years.
- What is the soap making process?
- Process of making our soap is the tried and true, traditional way of making soap. First the saponification of Olive Oil, Sodium Hydroxide is added to Olive Oil. This causes a chemical reaction that separates the oil into glycerin and soap. There is no sodium hydroxide left and voila- a bar of soap.
- What is the natural fragrance?
- Natural fragrances are scents that can be made from essential oils extracted from plants or flowers or individual components extracted from natural sources. Our natural fragrances meet the IFRA definition for natural. FYI-synthetic fragrances are manufactured from man-made materials such as petrochemicals (petroleum-based chemicals).
- What is the type of glycerin used?
- We use vegetable glycerin in all of our products.
- Do your products contain nanoparticles?
- What are nanoparticles?
The common definition of a nanoparticle is a particle that measures less than 100 nanometers. Human pores are approximately 50 nanometers in diameter. So there have been concerns that smaller nanoparticles could pass through pores and into a human body and blood stream. To date, as best we are aware, there are no scientific studies that have validated this concern. But since we can formulate very good sun screens with out nanoparticles, and some of our customers have been concerned about nano minerals, we make all of our sun care formulations with non-nano minerals.
There are two minerals commonly used to provide mineral sun screen protection. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Particles of titanium dioxide are highly uniform and relatively straightforward to measure. Particles of zinc oxide are highly irregularly shaped.
The newest EU regulations we are familiar with states that nanoparticles are defined as "a natural, incidental or manufactured material containing particles, in an unbound state or as an aggregate or as an agglomerate and where, for 50% or more of the particles in the number size distribution, one or more external dimensions is in the size range 1 nm - 100 nm".
Australia's definition of "non-nano" is "More than 90% of particles are above 100nm."
The FDA does not currently have any definitions around nano particles.
Kiss My Face's Standard:
Kiss My Face uses titanium dioxide and uncoated, non-nano zinc oxide in our products.
Kiss My Face obtains certifications from our mineral vendor that all titanium dioxide Kiss My Face uses is larger than 100 nm. Since titanium dioxide is highly uniform, and it appears, more easy to produce to tight tolerances, we are satisfied that this insures that we use non-nano titanium dioxide.
Zinc oxide is more difficult to produce non-nano. From time-to-time we test our mineral vendor's zinc oxide for particle size. Our intent is to insure our zinc oxide meets the stricter Australian definition of non-nano, with over 90% of particles above 100 nm. In recent testing Kiss My Face zinc oxide met that standard.
Additionally, outside experts have advised us that mineral particles have a strong tendency to agglomerate together in the sun care solution during production, producing even larger particle sizes in the final sun care product.
Kiss My Face is confident that our standards meet and exceed the standards used in our industry around the world.
- Do your products contain phthalates?
- Do your products contain parabens?
- What does broad spectrum mean?
- Broad spectrum means that the active ingredients in a sunscreen protect against both UVA and UVB rays when used properly. The FDA requires testing that measures Critical Wavelength to prove this protection.
- How can I tell if product is expired?
- On the product you will see numbers. For Sunscreens-this is the expiration date.
For all other products this number is date of production.
Expiration date is as follows:
- For Fluoride Toothpaste & Potent & Pure products, expiration is 2 years from this date
- For all other products, expiration date is 3 years from this day
- How do I get pump to come up?
- Do you offer coupons or samples?
- Make sure you follow us on Facebook or sign up for our newsletter to know when coupons are available or product giveaways.
- Do you provide product as donations?
- We do, however, we provide product for local charities. Please email us at
- Do you ship to Canada?
- Yes we do. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery to Canada. The recipient is responsible for duties and taxes (GST, PST, HST) but NOT the brokerage fee The recipient is responsible for duties and taxes (GST, PST, HST) but NOT the brokerage fee.
- How long will my order take to ship?
- Please refer to our Shipping Guidelines here.